Taxes: what is it in for me?
Students shall have an interesting discussion about taxes and to understand their logic.
The lesson can prove to be a very useful as a resource teachers can recommend in preparation for a class on Ethics. The students can be provided with a list of concepts they need to follow throughout the lesson, such as:
• What are the main characteristics of taxes?
• What are taxes used for? Why?
• How do you support social solidarity through taxation?
• Are all taxes the same? What’s the difference?
• Why do we need both local and national taxes?
• Who is responsible for paying taxes?
The content of this training course:
- is of general nature only and is not intended to address the specific circumstances of any particular individual or entity;
- does not provide professional or legal advice;
- is valid as of the date of its publication. Updated VAT rates can be consulted on EUROPA.
Only European Union legislation published in the Official Journal of the European Union is deemed authentic.
Course “Taxes: what is in it for me?”
Interactive whiteboard (or just an LCD projector)
taxes, taxation, local taxes, national taxes, social solidarity