Taxes: what is it in for me?
Students shall have an interesting discussion about taxes and to understand their logic.
The lesson can prove to be a very useful as a resource teachers can recommend in preparation for a class on Ethics. The students can be provided with a list of concepts they need to follow throughout the lesson, such as:
- What are the main characteristics of taxes?
- What are taxes used for? Why?
- How do you support social solidarity through taxation?
- Are all taxes the same? What’s the difference?
- Why do we need both local and national taxes?
- Who is responsible for paying taxes?
Course “Taxes: what is in it for me?”
Interactive whiteboard (or just an LCD projector)
taxes, taxation, local taxes, national taxes, social solidarity